Hot Beak Platform Rules
Hot Beak’s mission is to to give the power back to Artists, Rightsholders, Publishers and Creators while providing a fun place for fans to come consume great content while supporting their favorite artists & Creators. - The Music Industry is the only Industry, Product & Service that the Gateways of our centralized world has deemed it to be free while giving 99% of all profits to the Centralized Gateways and giving the Artists the Crumbs.
Not Anymore, Take Your Power Back! You Earned It!
Hottest On Demand Music Platform For Artists By Artists. Claim your Artist profile now on Hot Beak!
However, that doesn’t mean that anything goes on our platform. In addition to the terms that you agreed to governing your use of our services, these rules help ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience.
What are the rules?
Whether you are a musician, podcaster, radio station or other contributor, it is important to be aware of what is not allowed on our platform. The examples in the below sections are for illustrative purposes and are not exhaustive.
Hot Beak is home to communities where people can create, express themselves, listen, share, learn, and be inspired. Don’t promote violence, incite hatred, harass or engage in any other behavior that may place people at risk of serious physical harm or death. What to avoid:
Content that advocates or glorifies serious physical harm towards an individual or group includes, but may not be limited to:
- encouraging, promoting, or glorifying suicide and self-harm (if you or someone you know is struggling or thinking about self-harm, please see here for ways to get help)
- inciting or threatening serious physical harm or acts of violence against a specific target or specific group
Content that promotes or supports terrorism or violent extremism includes, but may not be limited to:
- glorifying or praising violent extremist groups or their members
- coordinating, promoting, threatening, or praising an act of violence by or on behalf of violent extremist groups or their members
- providing instructions or instructional materials to commit an act of violent extremism
- soliciting an individual or group to finance, undertake an act of violent extremism, or become involved in the activities of a violent extremist group
Content that targets an individual or identifiable group for harassment or related abuse includes, but may not be limited to:
- repeatedly targeting specific individuals with sexual advances
- sharing, threatening to share, or encouraging others to share someone’s private information, including credit card or banking information, National Identity numbers, etc.
Content that incites violence or hatred towards a person or group of people based on race, religion, gender identity or expression, sex, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, disability or other characteristics associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization includes, but may not be limited to:
- praising, supporting, or calling for violence against a person or group of people based on the characteristics listed above
- dehumanizing statements about a person or group based on the protected characteristics listed above
- promoting or glorifying hate groups and their associated images, and/or symbols
Content that promotes dangerous false or dangerous deceptive medical information that may cause offline harm or poses a direct threat to public health includes, but may not be limited to:
- asserting that AIDS, cancer or other serious life threatening diseases are a hoax or not real
- encouraging the consumption of bleach products to cure various illnesses and diseases
Content that illicitly promotes the sale of regulated or illegal goods includes, but may not be limited to:
- selling illegal firearms or firearm parts
- selling illegal drugs
- selling endangered species or products derived from endangered species
Content that promotes, solicits, or facilitates child sexual abuse or exploitation includes, but may not be limited to:
- visual depictions of a minor engaged in a sexual act or lascivious depictions of a nude minor
- promoting acts of sexual abuse against a child in exchange for money
- encouraging or promoting sexual attraction by adults towards minors
- promoting, normalizing, or glorifying child grooming behaviors
Creating great experiences on Hot Beak requires trust that people are who they say they are, that they won’t be scammed, and that no one is trying to manipulate our platform. Don’t use malicious practices to deceive others. What to avoid:
Content that impersonates others in order to deceive includes, but may not be limited to:
- replicating the same name, image, and/or description as another existing creator
- posing as another person, brand, or organization in a misleading manner
Content that promotes manipulated and synthetic media as authentic in ways that pose the risk of harm includes, but may not be limited to:
- audio or video recording that comes from a real and valid source that has been altered in a way that changes the meaning or context of the original media and is purported to be true, thus posing a risk of harm to the speaker or other individuals
- audio or visual media artificially created through the use of technology that’s purported to be true, such as digitally manufactured sexual audio and video content or content falsely suggesting that someone committed a crime
Content that attempts to manipulate or interfere with election-related processes includes, but may not be limited to:
- misrepresentation of procedures in a civic process that could discourage or prevent participation
- misleading content promoted to intimidate or suppress voters from participating in an election
Content that attempts to take advantage of the Hot Beak community includes, but may not be limited to:
- posting, sharing, or providing instructions on implementing malware or related malicious practices that seek to harm or gain unauthorized access to computers, networks, systems, or other technologies
- phishing or related attempts to deceptively solicit or collect sensitive information
- promoting investment and financial scams like get rich quick and pyramid schemes, or otherwise encouraging others to part with money under false pretenses
We have tons of amazing content on Hot Beak, but there are certain things that we don’t allow on our platform. Don’t post excessively violent or graphic content, and don’t post sexually explicit content. What to avoid:
Content that promotes graphic or gratuitous depictions of violence, gore, or other shocking imagery includes, but may not be limited to:
- severely mutilated or dismembered bodies
- promoting animal cruelty or torture
Content that contains sexually explicit material includes, but may not be limited to:
- pornography or visual depictions of genitalia or nudity presented for the purpose of sexual gratification
- advocating or glorifying sexual themes related to rape, incest, or beastiality
The law is the law. No matter who you are, it is your responsibility to comply with applicable laws and regulations. What to avoid:
Content that violates applicable laws and regulations includes, but may not be limited to:
- content that does not comply with applicable sanctions and export regulations
- content that is intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind
Content that infringes the intellectual property rights of others includes, but may not be limited to:
- content provided to Hot Beak without obtaining necessary permissions
- content that infringes third-party copyrights or trademarks
What happens to rule breakers?
We take these decisions seriously and keep context in mind when making them. Breaking the rules may result in the violative content being removed from Hot Beak. Repeated or egregious violations may result in accounts being suspended and/or terminated.
What else do I need to know?
These platform rules will help ensure that Hot Beak remains an open and safe platform for all. We will continue to evaluate and update this information as needed, so please check back frequently. Depending on which Hot Beak products or features you use, you may be subject to additional requirements so please follow those too. Finally, there are other actions we may take on content in addition to those listed above. Learn more here.
How can I report an issue?
Have you found an issue with a piece of content on Hot Beak? If so please let us know by reporting it here.